Great to read you’re feeling good.
There are a few fact errors in what you’ve written about the Scientology v. Armstrong litigation and war,1which I will deal with later.
Just now, I am writing to ask from you essentially what I have been asking from Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder for the past few years:
- Communicate to me;
- Debrief to me and my legal representatives;
- Execute declarations that contain facts elicited in the debrief;
- Make themselves available to testify in any legal proceedings to correct the injustices or situations they helped make.
You will recall telling me about Miscavige and Rathbun claiming that they possessed the materials stolen from the trunk of my car by their agents in 1984. There was a briefcase and about 300 pages of original writing and artwork.
I asked you a number of times for a declaration with the facts you knew concerning these materials and you always ignored my requests, and after some point more than a decade ago had treated me quite inimically.
I wrote to Rathbun about these stolen materials, and he too has ignored my communications. See, e.g., http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/archives/3304
You now write that you were present and informed about my legal troubles with Scientology as they were happening. I would like to obtain from you the details you recall from that period.
You write that you were present when the conditions of the Scientology v. Armstrong “settlement agreement” were negotiated. I was not present during that negotiation, and your information could be helpful in correcting the crime this “settlement agreement” and similar ones perpetuate.
To understand what happened prior to and during the “settlement” from my perspective, and its effect since 1986, please see the video of my discussion in Berlin in 2011:
You write that from 1983 through 1986, you would receive on a daily basis intelligence reports generated by ASI staff, OSA and RTC concerning secret and illegal operations by Scientology against me, my lawyer Michael Flynn, and other plaintiffs he represented.
This material is very relevant right now in the issue of the Scientologists’ tax exemption, and in US and international court proceedings. You perhaps were not aware that Rathbun and Rinder continue the frame-ups of Flynn and me in Rathbun’s 2013 book, which Rinder edited, and they continue their black propaganda against their fair game victims, and SPs generally. In that way, they are very much not me, as you say.
Your details about these daily intel reports about ops against Flynn and me, and related knowledge you have about the Scientologists’ war on us could be legally and historically helpful
The operations against Jerry’s lawyer included having knowledge of someone putting water in the gas tank of an airplane piloted by Michael Flynn with his son on board.
It is not clear exactly what you are saying about the Flynn plane incident being an operation. To my knowledge you have not testified regarding your knowledge of ops or fair game against Flynn or me, and this could be helpful.
I’d have thought I had been clear by now, but I go by Gerry. It’s Gerald, legally, but I’ve gone by Gerry-with-a-G since elementary school.
You write that you attended years of board room meetings at ASI to figure out how to get rid of me, and a few others. You mention that Hubbard sent communications (“advices”) ordering people such as me, and presumably including me, attacked, set up, jailed, annihilated, etc. Your details concerning both Hubbard and Miscavige’s participation in such fair game activities could be helpful.
You write that there were banker boxes full of Hubbard advices “spewing hate filled vitriol about” me. I have known that this must be the case, because I know how Hubbard worked and how his Scientologists still work. This is the first time, however, that someone who actually viewed some of the mass of material about me has described it, even in very general terms. I would like to get from you the details necessary to identify these materials for legal purposes.
Please let me know if you are willing to debrief to me about your experiences and knowledge relating to Mike Flynn and me that you acquired while inside the Scientology cult.
I began to recall being on the other side of the fence when Gerry Armstrong had to defend himself against Scientology style black ops for years. Scientology sued Jerry for absconding with 22 banker boxes of personal documents and artifacts of L Ron Hubbard. I’m not trying to retell the story of Jerry Armstrong here but ultimately, Scientology paid Jerry a settlement of $800.000 in exchange for his promise not to copy or discloses the content of the banker boxes he’d taken. What the hell was in those boxes? It’s a fascinating, well documented cock up of what happened when author Omar Garrison and his research assistant Gerry Armstrong verified L Ron’s actual education and military record history among other subjects. In a nutshell, too much of the information they were able to factually verify of L Ron’s past was contemptuously contrary to the yarn L Ron spun for his devout adherents and any other ear that could hear. Gerry Armstrong went on to violate his agreement with Scientology hundreds of times and is still perused by Scientology’s attach dog legal machine. I know something about this because I was present and informed about Jerry’s legal troubles with Scientology as they was happening. I recall being present when the conditions of the settlement agreement between Gerry Armstrong and Scientology (Which in effect included whatever was best for Author Services Inc, ASI) was negotiated.
From 1983 until the settlement in 1986, I would receive on a daily basis, usually sometime between 6-8 pm, intelligence reports generated by staff of Special Project Operations (ASI), OSA and RTC concerning secret and illegal operations by Scientology against Jerry, his lawyer Michael Flynn, and other plaintiffs represented by Michael Flynn’s firm. The operations against Jerry’s lawyer included having knowledge of someone putting water in the gas tank of an airplane piloted by Michael Flynn with his son on board. There was instant access into the lives of people who were deemed enemy’s Scientology through well paid and placed private investigators. These professionals sold their services to their Scientology paymasters because they had the latest modern bugging technology that was confirmed US CIA grade technology. Scientology was able to buy the services of ex-police, ex-FBI and other agency. Phone records were a fruitful source of information. Through illegally obtaining phone records Scientology always seemed to be a step ahead of their perceived enemies. ASI lead attorney was Earle Cooley. A big part of his job as legal council was to made sure we rode a fine line to separate church principles from the illegal activities sanctioned by the same principles.
There were years of board room meeting at ASI to figure out how to get rid of Jerry Armstrong, L Ron junior, David Mayo and a few other people who had devoted their lives in servitude to L Ron and his grand ideas. All of these devoted people turned out to be Suppressive Persons all along according to the instructions from L Ron via his publishing organization ASI. It was new management’s job to hunt them down and get them put in jail. Some may recall during the early to mid 1980’s L Ron got a bug up his ass and thought he had the power to have people criminally prosecuted for disobeying or being out of step with what he wanted. This is way past just having a stick up your ass, he really wanted this done and some people did get set up and went to jail. It was required protocol to hate and contribute to the destruction of men and women that I had never met or laid eyes on. We would be sitting in the board room at L Ron’s Author Services organization reading advice’s from L Ron calling for the heads of staff he felt offended him somehow. Listening to Miscavige and other staff figuring out ever clever ways to get rid of the people who were aggravating poor L Ron. As we sat there making up plans to attach the very same people who were at L Ron’s side doing everything in their power to do his will. L Ron never wavered when it came to annihilating the oldest and closest devote adherents he had. There is no retirement in the business of Scientology. Ron taught his prodigy to quickly and quietly get rid of the most loyal staff members without remorse.
There were banker boxes full of “advises” from L Ron spewing hate filled vitriol about Jerry. The information that Jerry provided to Russell Miller and Jon Attack about L Ron’s actual history did in fact exposed his underbelly and pulled back the curtains on his imaginary life he expected others to believe.
During the negotiations to settle with Jerry Armstrong the settlement was intentionally construed to make it too easy for anyone to claim Jerry had violated his agreement with Scientology. Those who were present knew this settlement, that still plagues Jerry today was not done in good faith. The actual intent of the settlement was to cause Jerry to be incarcerated for violation of his settlement agreement2 and that is exactly what has happened. The other factor is this; Jerry didn’t want to take any of Scientology’s money and he didn’t want to settle. He was in effect forced to settle by his own lawyer Michael Flynn. Michael Flynn and his whole family had been hounded by Scientology hired thugs and they were tired of it. Flynn was also the attorney of record for other ex-Scientologist in a civil class action lawsuit….you get the idea. We had them right where we wanted. Each person received a settlement but Jerry was the only hold out. We even knew about the deteriorating relationship between Jerry Armstrong and lawyer Michael Flynn because we were the ones causing the confusion. In the end Jerry was forced to settle or be attached by his own attorney who wanted out and had been working on contingency anyway. There are standard legal agreements a plaintiff makes with a lawyer who takes on a case on contingency. The rule and agreement that comes into play is the plaintiff will agree to settle the case if there a reasonable offer on the table. Jerry was obligated to accept the settlement. Someone can say that better than me but you get the idea, Jerry was forced to settle, then he was set up to violate the settlement whereby Scientology would recover its money times three and if possible get him arrested and put in jail.
After years of acting like I hated people I’d never met or seen with my eyes like Jerry Armstrong took some getting use to. Getting Jerry had been en grained in my mind. Even after being out of the cult for some years. I remember the first time I talked with Jerry years after I had left the cult. On a physical level I felt uncomfortable being around him or even engaging in personal or meaningful conversation. On a certain level I was afraid of Jerry and this made no sense. None of that changed the facts of how all of this made me feel emotionally. In L Ron’s alternative reality, it was considered a flaw to openly show or express emotion or empathy. We were all just ever replaceable characters in L Ron’s movie. Suffice to say I didn’t foster or encourage a speaking relationship with Jerry because I didn’t want to. The problem is this is how Scientology technology is designed to protect itself in the minds of its own.
Long before I testified in a court of law as an expert witness, Jerry had already been there doing that, the same as I would do later. The real truth is when I met Jerry I had not entirely overcome the misconceptions and false information I’d learned about him through the years. I was dismissive of Jerry and didn’t fully appreciate, let alone realize the personal sacrifice and contribution he made when he exposed L Ron for being the lying ass clown he was.
It was only after reading the Russell Miller book with fresh eyes that I finally better understanding and more fully appreciated the work Jerry did. Since I’ve read the books again with fresh eyes so much has changed. I know I was Jerry when I woke up from the spell and stopped lying for and protecting Scientology. That meant it was my turn to be persecuted by juvenile intelligence tactics, endlessly financed on behalf of dead L Ron. These days both Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder are Jerry too! No one owes or is obligated to me for anything and ultimately it may not matter what I think but I will say this. I don’t monitor Scientology activities anymore like I use to. That being said, It sure does make me smile when someone sends me something about Mike Rinder speaking out. He’s even been known to refer to Scientology as a cult. This is the guy who was the public face of Scientology for years! My heart goes out to him and his new family. These days Mike doesn’t mince words when tells people about Scientology, what a turnaround bless him. Marty Rathbun is probably the most knowledgeable person in existence when it comes to how Scientology plays ball in a law suit. From what I can tell he and his wife are progressing excellently with their lawsuit against Scientology, you have my blessing for that.
- The Unabomber Op (January 4, 2019)
- A letter to Mike Rinder: Your victim speaks up (Part 8) (February 28, 2018)
- A letter to Mike Rinder: Your victim speaks up (Part 6) (February 26, 2018)
- A letter to Mike Rinder: Your victim speaks up (Part 4) (February 24, 2018)
- Scientology Tax Exemption — Muffins Strikes Back (February 5, 2018)
- GA’s open letter to Mike Rinder: What’s lacking now? (January 7, 2017)
- No do it Mike Rinder. Tell the truth. (December 10, 2016)
- GA Letter to Mark Rathbun (June 8, 2015)
- Letter to Alex Gibney on the IRS deal, public policy, and calling out Rathbun and Rinder (March 6, 2015)
- GA Letter to Jesse Prince (November 14, 2014)
- GA Letter to Jesse Prince (November 9, 2014)
- Jesse Prince: The Future is Here and I’m Feeling Good. (November 7, 2014)
- Wikipedia: Fred T. Goldberg Jr.
- Declaration of Michael Rinder (January 1, 2014)
- Declaration of Michael Rinder (December 3, 2013)
- Mark Rathbun: on Gerald Feffer (May 28, 2013)
- Mark Rathbun: The Juggernaut (May 28, 2013)
- Mark Rathbun: on Earle Cooley’s partner and protégé, Harry Manion (May 28, 2013)
- Mark Rathbun: Earle Cooley was bigger than life… (May 28, 2013)
- Mark Rathbun: The Battle of Portland (May 28, 2013)
- Mark Rathbun: on Robert N. Harris and Eugene Ingram (May 28, 2013)
- Mark Rathbun: on All Clear, Joey Deciccio, and the Flynn problem (May 28, 2013)
- Mark Rathbun: on Clayton Ruby and Marlys Edwardh (May 28, 2013)
- Mark Rathbun: on mounting the offensive against Flynn and FAMCO (May 28, 2013)
- GA Letter to Jesse Prince (May 3, 2011)
- Transcript of Jesse Prince’s Speech (March 26, 2010)
- GA letter to Mark Rathbun: Apology not needed or wanted (September 4, 2009)
- GA letter to Mark Rathbun Re Black PR to the IRS (August 14, 2009)
- Tampa Bay Times: Scientology vs. The IRS ( June 21, 2009)
- Transcript: The Truth Rundown: From renovation to IRS Rathbun rises through the ranks (June 21, 2009)
- Testimony of Jesse Prince (Volume 8) (July 11, 2002)
- Testimony of Jesse Prince (Volume 7) (July 10, 2002)
- Testimony of Jesse Prince (Volume 6) (July 10, 2002)
- Testimony of Jesse Prince (Volume 5) (July 9, 2002)
- Testimony of Jesse Prince (Volume 4) (July 9, 2002)
- Testimony of Jesse Prince (Volume 3) (July 8, 2002)
- Testimony of Jesse Prince (Volume 2) (July 8, 2002)
- Testimony of Jesse Prince (Volume 1) (June 18, 2002)
- Jesse Prince: One-time Second in Command of Scientology Speaks (August 24, 2000)
- Declaration of Jesse Prince (December, 1999)
- Declaration of Michael Lee Hertzberg (September 20, 1999)
- Affidavit of Jesse Prince (August 20, 1999)
- Declaration of Jesse Prince
- Declaration of Jesse Prince (June 21, 1999)
- Declaration of Jesse Prince (June, 1999)
- Declaration of Jesse Prince
- Declaration of Jesse Prince (March 17, 1999)
- Jesse Prince: Earle Cooley’s memory lapse with the Boston Globe (October 9, 1998)
- Second in command of Scientology tells all, Part 1 (October 2, 1998)
- Jesse Prince: No conscience, no church (September 29, 1998)
- Jesse Prince: Scientology’s Use of PC Folder Information (September 9, 1998)
- Jesse Prince: David Miscavige’s Rise to Corruption (or: Ding Dong the King is Dead)–Reformatted (September 5, 1998)
- Former RTC Inspector General Jesse Prince discusses the death of L. Ron Hubbard (September 5, 1998)
- Stacy Brooks Young: Scientology’s reign of terrorism is at an end (September 3, 1998)
- Robert Vaughn Young: RVY Update by RVY (September 2, 1998)
- Factnet interview with Jesse Prince (August 27, 1998)
- Factnet interview with Jesse Prince (August 26, 1998)
- Affidavit of Jesse Prince (July 27, 1998. Modified August 14, 1998)
- Jesse Prince: Welcome to the Sea Org, Marty Rathbun (August 6, 1998)
- The Jesse Prince Story, Part 3 (August 6, 1998)
- Jesse Prince: What—–Who? (August 4, 1998)
- The Jesse Prince Story, Part 2 (August 4, 1998)
- New York Times: $12.5 Million Deal With I.R.S. Lifted Cloud Over Scientologists
- New York Times: Who Can Stand Up? (March 16, 1997)
- New York Times: Scientology’s Puzzling Journey From Tax Rebel to Tax Exempt (March 9, 1997)
- The Shadowy Story Behind Scientology’s Tax-Exempt Status (March 9, 1997)
- GA Letter to IRS (March 8, 1997)
- Declaration of Stacy Brooks Young (December 14, 1994)
- Letter from Heber Jentzsch to James McGovern, Assistant IRS Commissioner (November 5, 1994)
- Declaration of Michael Rinder (October 27, 1994)
- Declaration of Vicki J. Aznaran (Sell-out No. 5) (May 19, 1994)
- Declaration of Vicki J. Aznaran (Sell-out No. 2) (May 19, 1994)
- Declaration of Michael Rinder (April 11, 1994)
- Letter from Heber Jentzsch to James McGovern, Assistant IRS Commissioner (February 24, 1994)
- Declaration of Gerry Armstrong (February 22, 1994)
- Declaration of David Miscavige (February 08, 1994)
- Declaration of Robert Vaughn Young (October 25, 1993)
- St. Petersburg Times: IRS examined Scientology dollars, not dogma (October 24, 1993)
- Closing Agreement on Final Determination Covering Specific Matters (October 1, 1993)
- Appellant’s Opening Brief (January 19, 1993)
- CSI 1023 Submission: Response to Question 3(d) [re Guardian and GO] (November 23, 1992)
- CSI 1023 Submission: Exhibit III-10-U [Legal Memorandum Re: Scientology criminal proceedings in Toronto, Canada] (November 23, 1992)
- CSI 1023 Submission: Exhibit III-10-Q: [Loyalist Program illegal video transcript excerpts] (November 23, 1992)
- CSI 1023 Submission: Response to Question 10 [Civil litigation involving the Church] (November 23, 1992)
- CSI 1023 Submission: Response to Question II-10 (a-d) [Re: Public Policy Violations] (June 2, 1992)
- Affidavit of Vicki J. Aznaran (January 27, 1992)
- Declaration of Mark C. Rathbun (October 1, 1990)
- Aznaran v. Scientology: Brief for Appellees (August 22, 1990)
- Deposition of Vicki J. Aznaran (May 9, 1989)
- Declaration of Richard N. Aznaran (January 15, 1989)
- Declaration of Vicki Aznaran (October 27, 1988)
- Declaration of Vicki J. Aznaran (September 23, 1988)
- Declaration of Vicki J. Aznaran (August 9, 1988)
- Declaration of Vicki J. Aznaran (August 8, 1988)
- Oral Deposition of Vicki J. Aznaran (June 22, 1988)
- Declaration of Vicki Aznaran (May 31, 1988)
- LA Weekly: Inside Scientology: The Other Side of the Looking Glass (April 4-10, 1986)
- L. Ron Hubbard Death Briefing
- Impact: David Miscavige (1985)
- Christofferson: Excerpt of Proceedings (April 16, 1985)
- Affidavit of William Franks (April 3, 1985)
- Christofferson: Excerpt of Proceedings (April 1, 2, 3, 1985)
- Affidavit of Michael Flynn (August 10, 1984)
Allegedly, Scientology officials, including Church leader David Miscavige, paid private investigators to acquire some unspecified compromising information on Goldberg during his time as commissioner, and then strode into his office without an appointment one day to demand terms. The meeting was not listed on Goldberg’s appointment calendar, which was obtained by The New York Times through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
While details are not known, it was under Goldberg’s administration that the long running IRS/Scientology legal conflict ended, though it took two years (under two other Commissioners) to work out the details. Scientology received a unique tax exemption in 1993 and the IRS has refused to release the agreement, even after a FOIA request by the NYT and when requested by the court in the Sklar case. (A draft version of the agreement was leaked to the WSJ and published late in 1997.)
In early 2002, Judge Silverman, of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit wrote the following:
“If the IRS does, in fact, give preferential treatment to members of the Church of Scientology — allowing them a special right to claim deductions that are contrary to law and rightly disallowed to everybody else — then the proper course of action is a lawsuit to stop to that policy. The remedy is not to require the IRS to let others claim the improper deduction, too.”
- Frantz, Douglas (1997-03-19). “Scientology Denies an Account Of an Impromptu I.R.S. Meeting”. New York Times. Retrieved 2007-11-17.
- Staff (1997-04-02). “Church Of Scientology Denies Impromptu Meeting With US Tax Agency”. The New York Beacon.
- Frantz, Douglas (1997-12-31). “$12.5 Million Deal With I.R.S. Lifted Cloud Over Scientologists”. New York Times. Retrieved 2008-08-24.
- Frantz, Douglas (1997-03-09). “Scientology’s Puzzling Journey From Tax Rebel to Tax Exempt”. New York Times. Retrieved 2007-11-17.
- “Scientologists, IRS Settle Dispute”, The Wall Street Journal, December 20, 1997.
- Sklar v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, No. 00-70753, Tax Court No. 1556-97, Amended Opinion, Appeal from the United States Tax Court, Amended, February 27, 2002.
Declaration of Michael Rinder 1
My name is Michael Rinder. I am over the age of eighteen (18) years, of sound mind, and capable of making this declaration. The facts stated in this declaration are within my personal knowledge and are true and correct.
1. “In or about February 2007, while I was employed by church of Scientology International I was assigned by Captain David Miscavige to work with Tommy Davis – who was serving as church of Scientology International, s spokesperson at that time – to attempt to discourage the BBC and its correspondent John Sweeney from completing a documentary on Mr. Miscavige and Scientology. Over the several weeks of our project, Mr. Davis and I received almost daily micro-managing direction from Mr. Miscavige – in person when we were in Clearwater and then by phone, text messages and encrypted emails when in other locations. At the insistence of Miscavige, we arranged the engagement of several agents to surveil Mr.
Sweeney and his team all day, every day for several months during the project. We reported the movements of Sweeney and team to Miscavige almost daily, and sometimes several times per day. We did not retain nor consult with counsel in either the retention of agents nor in carrying
out our orders from Miscavige.
2. In late March 2007 I was sent to London England by David Miscavige. My assignment was to prevent the airing of the BBC Panorama documentary on Mr. Miscavige and Scientology. Once the documentary was aired on 14 May 2007, Mr. Miscavige ordered me to make a formal complaint against the BBC to Ofcom (the UK regulator of media) and to produce a documentary smearing the BBC and its correspondent John Sweeney. I reported daily in writing to Mr. Miscavige on my activities for the entire time I was in England beginning at the end of March and until I finally walked away in early June. David Miscavige sent me daily, detailed written orders concerning the assignment by encrypted email as well as routine phone calls.
3. I received several corporeal punishments while in the United Kingdom on Miscavige’s orders including being punched by a Sea Org member. Miscavige’s written communications became progressively more abusive. When I was ordered by Miscavige to return to Scientology United Kingdom headquarters (where I had been staying) 50 miles south of London for more punishment I decided that I had had enough. I put a toothbrush and change of underwear in the only other possession I had at the time, a briefcase, and walked away from the Sea Org on the streets of London.
4. Several months later I noticed that a Blackberry communication device I had used during the BBC project was still in the briefcase. I took out the memory card, connected it to my computer and discovered that some of the text messages between myself and Mr. Miscavige noted above were on the screen. I printed a complete copy of the text.
5. Attached at exhibit 1 is a true and correct copy of the print out that I made of the contents of the memory card from the Blackberry device I used during the handling of the BBC. “Mike” and “Mike R” refers to me, Mike Rinder. “Tommy” and “TD” refer to Tommy Davis, Scientology’s spokesperson during that time period. Because Mr. Davis and I were both addressed in messages from Miscavige sent to my Blackberry phone, (and I was similarly addressed in messages sent to his blackberry and sometimes to both at the same time) the headings of many messages to and from Tommy read “Mike” in the heading. Many messages are repeated as new messages are added to the thread. Sometimes the headings note “cc: Tommy” , which indicates Tommy was supposed to be informed of that message. All messages from Tommy and me (noted in the heading as “Mike”) are to and from “Lou.”
6. “Lou” refers to Laurisse Henley-Smith Stuckenbrock. Lou held the post of COB Communicator. Her job was to shadow Miscavige everywhere he went, filter all communications to and from him and to relay Miscavige’s instructions as if they were her own on matters where Miscavige did not want to leave a paper trail of his involvement. The handling of the BBC was such a matter. The BBC was pressing to interview Mr. Miscavige. Tommy Davis and I were instructed to give the BBC the impression that Mr. Miscavige was far too important and busy to be concerned with the BBC. Yet, virtually every utterance we made to the BBC was dictated by Miscavige. Laurisse attempted to keep the messages in her voice, so as to protect the record from direct Miscavige involvement. But, because of the tremendous velocity and volume and franticness with which the micro management was occurring, she sometimes slipped and referred to Miscavige in the first person singular (“I”) and plural (“we”), as I shall note below.
7. Lou also carried Miscavige’s personal phones. She commonly had 3 phones with her at all times. Her “Nextel” for direct-connect walkie-talkie communications to anyone in the US with another “Nextel” phone, her “Blackberry” and Miscavige’s Blackberry. Miscavige used his blackberry to speak to Tom Cruise and other “important people” not in the Sea Org. He used Lou’s phones to speak with Sea Org members like me and Tommy Davis. When we called Miscavige, we called the “Lou Nextel” or the “Lou blackberry” and she would answer and then hand the phone to Miscavige.
8. Because the text messages are heavily laden with Scientology terminology and Miscavige invented acronyms, they are not easy to follow. I have chosen a number of sections relevant to the instant case and have highlighted them in the attached transcript. I will translate some of the nomenclature. The 39 pages of texts begins with page 39 and runs in reverse order. That is because, like email, the sequence of text message threads goes from the bottom-up. Notations concerning the highlighted portions of transcript:
9. a. Page 37, message from Mike to Lou, indicating that COB (Miscavige) was on the phone with me on the matter at hand the day before.
b. Page 34-35, message from Lou to Mike. This is clearly Miscavige dictation, putting him into third person by Laurisse. Laurisse does not have this level of authority, nor knowledge to deliver such a message as her own. This message is typical of Miscavige, wherein he jumps between addressing the recipient (in this case me) and addressing the subject of the communication (John Sweeney of the BBC). On two occasions in this communication alone Lou slips into the first person plural “we”, which refer to no one other than David Miscavige. Acronyms used in this passage:
Mecca: church of Scientology Flag Service Organization in Clearwater, Florida.
Gold: Golden Era Productions, located at the International Scientology headquarters compound in Riverside County.
JT: John Travolta
UK: United Kingdom
CW: Clearwater, short for church of Scientology Flag Service Organization.
Narconon HQ: the headquarters of a drug rehabilitation network Scientology operates called Narconon
APS: A Scientology front group for infiltrating Scientology into public schools
FH: Fort Harrison hotel, the main building at the church of Scientology Flag Service Organization
c. Page 33, Lou to Mike R. This is in response to a report I made below in the thread giving the location of the BBC reporter at that very moment. Miscavige is ordering that “security is in” on a number of buildings, meaning all doors locked and guards on call vigilant to prevent any inside filming. Miscavige specifically mentions the RPF. That stands for Rehabilitation Project Force. It is a Sea Org operated prison designed for reeducation of doubting members.
d. Page 32, Lou to Mike R. This is another lengthy rant by Miscavige about how to deal with BBC reporter Sweeney. The first highlighted segment shows Lou slipping and putting Miscavige into the first person “I.” The second highlighted segment is a rant that is repeated throughout the messages – and throughout any given day – by Miscavige bemoaning how he micro-manages “everything” in the church. “Single hand” is a Scientology term which means for an executive to bypass the junior staff normally responsible for something and handle it directly himself.
e. Page 21-22, Lou to Mike R. Detailed orders and admonishments for dealing the BBC reporter.
f. Page 20, exchange between Lou and Tommy. We are being pressured to answer a lengthy text message while driving. Lou relays Miscavige’s instruction to have Tommy tell me that I am a “CICS”. That is a Miscavige created acronym for “counter intentioned cock sucker.”
g. Page 19. Miscavige gives the “derivation” of the term CICS, and Tommy reports compliance that I have been told that and understand it.
h. Page 18, Lou to Mike R. Lou acknowledges that Tommy and I had just had a phone call with Miscavige, I am criticized for having “sucked him into every” OSA situation to handle himself for the past twenty years. Re-asserts the CICS label.
i. Pages 16-17. “Lou” acknowledges Miscavige orders by referring to “He told you…” then details specific orders on how to express allegations in an email to the BBC reporter. Repeatedly writes “YS”, which is a Miscavige created acronym for “you suck.”
j. Page 16. Lou to Mike Rinder and Tommy Davis. Relays that because of our lack of aggressive compliance, Miscavige threatens to hire an attorney to represent him to the BBC and will disown both me and Tommy.
k. Page 10. Lou to Mike R. “We are in LA now, are there any areas we should avoid? And is this guy’s body now many new (torn worn to wall) assholes?” “We” refers to Miscavige and Lou (who as Communicator is with him at all waking hours). Miscavige wants to know where the BBC team is precisely, knowing that we have teams of agents following them 24/7, so that Miscavige can avoid being spotted by the BBC. “Tearing new assholes” is a Miscavige coined, and oft used, phrase meaning a person is attacked so ruthlessly, that his flesh is torn (i.e. a new asshole). Miscavige wants to know whether we attacked Sweeney from the BBC in that fashion.
l. Page 9. Lou to Mike R. Once we report compliance that we did rip John Sweeney many “new assholes,” Miscavige wants to know whether we recorded the event, in keeping with his previous orders that we video tape all encounters with Sweeney. “CSMF” is a Miscavige coined, and oft used, acronym for “cock sucking mother fucker.”
m. Page 7. Lou to Mike R. Miscavige, knowing we know every movement of the BBC crew, wants to make sure we don’t blow our agents” cover by having Tommy go on the same flight to SFO (San Francisco) that Sweeney is on.
n. Page 6, Lou to Mike R. “Boss” refers to Miscavige. Message acknowledges that Miscavige is micro-managing the show – and has been doing the same for twenty years.
o. Page 3, This is Tommy’s “debrief to Miscavige that he is sharing with me by text as we were in two separate locations at that time. Highlighted portions demonstrates it is reported directly to Miscavige that the BBC is being kept “under surveillance”, and we are reporting their movements.
10. In 2010 I was contacted by the FBI concerning an investigation they were conducting into David Miscavige and the church of Scientology centered on human trafficking. At their request, I turned over everything I had concerning my communications with Miscavige. I kept a copy for myself. I subsequently made another copy and gave to John Sweeney at the BBC.”
I declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.
Executed in Pinellas County, State of Florida, on the 1st day of January 2014.